Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Nov 29, 2013
TNA Running Events In High School Gyms – Details

TNA Running Events In High School Gyms – Details

TNA announced some new house show dates. They are:

January 3: Batesville, AR (Live Event)
Southside High School 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale at Mark Martin Ford or online at www.ShopTNA.com/tickets
Tickets on sale Friday, December 6

January 4: Jonesboro, AR (Live Event)
Earl Bell Community Center 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale at Front Page Cafe or online at www.ShopTNA.com/tickets
Tickets on sale Friday, December 6

January 5: Jackson, TN (Live Event)
Jackson Northside High School 6 p.m.
Tickets are on sale at HaliHannigan’s Cupcakery or online at www.ShopTNA.com/tickets
Tickets on sale Friday, December 6

January 19: Albany, GA (Live Event)
Albany Civic Center 5 p.m.
Tickets are on sale at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800-745-3000
Tickets on sale Friday, December 6

10 Responses to “TNA Running Events In High School Gyms – Details”

1. tna24 says:

so is tna doing something special for highschools or are we being cheap?

2. Roid Master says:

You can pack a lot of people into a high school gymnasium.

3. Sturk says:

This is good…. this is how you get your buzz back again. Go touch the ppl again and recapture the magic.

4. Steven kelly says:

Woohoo comments are bk

5. Tna4life says:

I like TNA however I don’t think this is a good move if your to be taken seriously as a TOP wrestling organization . Hey I could be wrong, I’ve been wrong before I just don’t think if I was in charge I would make that move.

• OldManEaston says:

If you are having trouble drawing 1000 people for house shows, smaller venues like high school gyms are ideal. These aren't glamorous shows, or storyline driven shows, just maintenance stops. You can actually find some pretty nice high school gyms in some cities and towns too that have quality sound systems and have sufficient electrical rooms where you aren't going to in danger of violating codes or running into power problems. They are also pretty ideal with adequate facilities such as places to set up merchandise, concessions and lots of easily accessible restroom facilities which a lot of community centers, malls, clubs and the like don't have.

I saw my first WWF house show in a high school gym that held around 2,000 people plus floor seating. Brutus Beefcake vs Greg Valentine, Bulldogs vs Hart Foundation. There are some nice gyms out there. Sh*t that gym would have looked better than the old Asylum for TV. It actually looked like a real arena with real seats and sections (not those sh*tty bleachers) and actually had room to set up decent entrance. .

6. The Boss says:

So TNA got rid of Hogan and Bischoff because they wanted to be nothing but a second rate only fed. Maybe next they will become one of those backyard feds with a ring.

7. hangers says:

I would have to say, why bother? Leave the gym's and community centres to the minor promotions..

8. Get_Carter says:

Most TNA house shows draw low attendance. I can understand the company moving to smaller venues like high school gymnasiums. Also, the fee to rent the venue is probably much less that TNA had been paying before. All that being said – it does make TNA look a bit second rate. I suppose a profitable house show in a gym is better than nothing.