Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Aug 22, 2013
Update: 2 More TNA Contracts Expiring

Update: 2 More TNA Contracts Expiring

Here are some more details on the story of AJ Styles’ contract expiring soon. According to sources, this is not a situation where the contract end date has been forgotten about and catching TNA unaware as happened to Bobby Roode and RVD; indeed, Styles and TNA have been talking about a new deal for a while now.

The situation comes down to money. With John Gaburick replacing Bruce Prichard in the talent relations department there has been (as previously reported) as shift in TNA’s business strategy. Gaburick is implementing changes to improve TNA as a viable and successful company and in addition, TNA is working under more of a budget. While everyone wants Styles to stay, it comes down to the fact that they have to try and find a deal that makes sense for the company financially. Styles has ten years of time with the company and doesn’t want to tread water or fall back financially compared with the money he’s making now, but while TNA understands that they have to work within their budget. They want Styles to stay but understand that he may have to take a better deal elsewhere for the sake of his family.

The company is also trying to uncover new, young talent that they can build into stars and that their audience has hit a ceiling; as a result, Styles’ experience and tenure may have made him too expensive for the company.

Two other people are likely to be affected; the first is Ken Anderson who is talking with the company but may come down to the wire while the second is the person who is losing tonight’s loser leaves TNA match. That person is said to be likely leaving in the next month or two.

26 Responses to “Update: 2 More TNA Contracts Expiring”

1. 1Risky1 says:

I thought the bad news of August in TNA were over, I really hope they can come to a deal with all of them speacially AJ

• Philly_Cheese says:

They're not going to let go of AJ, he's one of the best merch sellers in the company, and has huge potential to draw with the new storyline.

2. sidney86 says:

I wish people would stop believing every little thing this site (and other dirt sheets) write. They provide absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

I doubt TNA would let AJ go "as a cost cutting measure", and AJ doesn't come across as the money hungry type either. TNA have let people go who they weren't using or planning to use and have re-signed contracts recently for Joe and Magnus (and whoever else, I can't remember!) people they're using. It's pretty obvious which group AJ falls under.

3. Mr. Excitement says:

Just end Aces & Eights already. It's gotten stale.

4. Kyle says:

Well they got rid of one Hogan, no they just need to do the other one. Then cut G. Bischoff and Briscoe if they can’t get over.

5. RavenNevermore says:

AJ is TNA. That will always be the case. I wish the dirtsheets would just go away. But it can’t because too many gullible fans fallow them. We as fans should always be fans. Not know it all fans because none of us really know it all. I have myself been guilty of that. Tna forever!

6. RavenNevermore says:

I think with aces and eights we will see it all over after bound for glory. I would love to see Main event mafia vs EGO fued. Maybe Daniels . KAZARIAN and Roode can add someone else.

7. whatsup121 says:

if they drop the ball on AJ Styles it would be the biggest mistake the company has ever made
    AJ Styles is the face of TNA he's they're poster boy

8. jbcissom says:

This is just dirtsheet bullsh!t. It's been known that Devon is the one being pinned, because he is taking over as the new agent at TNA Wrestling events.

9. godoftna says:

This is one of those deals where TNA needs to just bite the bullet and give AJ his money. TNA can let Anderson and Devon walk(though it's been suggested he'll be the new road agent), but AJ is TNA's Sting. He's the face of the company, the franchise. He leaves and TNA loses a part of it's identity. There are plenty of other places where cuts in talent can be made(I'm looking at YOU Hogan!) in order for Styles to be able to stay. Get the deal done Dixie!!!

• jbcissom says:

I have a feeling this thing gets done. The way they had AJ come out tonight, it will be utter ridiculousness if TNA just lets him walk.

10. AussieWrestling says:

Why is everyones comments in the negative by 6 or 7? Is some WWE mark or troll making 10 accounts to thumb everyone down?

11. AussieWrestling says:

Honestly TNA wouldnt be paying Styles anywhere near the amount they would be paying Hogan. This is 2013 Hogan doesn't draw anymore, the ratings have been down since 2009 where Styles was the posterboy. In comes Hulk Hogan and TNA gets a quarter high of 1.8 and a final show with a 1.5 rating. That happened once, ever since then Hogan hasn't been able to draw crowds, he doesn't draw ratings and if TNA is even thinking of not signing Aj Styles because he may be too expensive get rid of Hulk Fu***** Hogan and then you'll have 50% of your budget back.

• jbcissom says:

I do share your feelings, but if what I've heard and read is true, TNA isn't on the hook for Hogan, at least not the majority of his salary. The entity footing that bill is Spike.

• John says:

Although it is true that Hogan isn’t a ratings draw anymore, the thing people don’t understand about Hogan is that he does help in bringing in advertisers and such. Bischoff adds nothing and has honeestly never added anything to wrestling (NWO was a Kevin Nash idea)

12. GunsMonkey22 says:

In short, most of what they do is decently unpredictable. Just not usually concerning the HW title and story line futures, the payoff is still decent but still ..saw it coming most of the time. A.J not leaving, they'll pay. Hogan, winning the belt, then retiring immediately, sorry, but it's going to happen, and I only personally get over it because I've been a Hogan mark since the 80's. But I was watching tna without him..the moment they got on t.v without pay per view…which I would sometimes watch the preview for the pay per view before they got with spike/I forgot what they were before. It's better than wwe since …wow..2005 or earlier I'd say…when cena won their title I was done, and have been, though I admit to watching about 90 minutes worth of the rocks previous 2 year return or whatever, and I don't even know if he's still showing up, that's how out of that company I am.

13. GunsMonkey22 says:

my last comment better post before this one

14. whatsup121 says:

hope they don't lose Ken Anderson, TNA needs An Assh&le

15. TheBringer92 says:

Get rid of Hogan who doesnt wrestle anymore, and just comes out and says "Brother your match against *blawh* brother is on brother" Keep AJ

16. calgarydawg says:

TNA doent need Anderson,Brsico G.Bishoff Knox Hogan Joseph Parks or Christy Hemme those are the talents I would get rid of to be able to not only give AJ what he wnts but also to hire the talents they are rumored to be interested in American Wolves Young Bucks Lo-ki Prince Devitt and possibly Trent Baretta.

17. Jay G. says:

I say let Hogan & Bischoff go what have they brought to the table that TNA can’t afford to lose?? I’d let Sting go too I mean 1/2 a million to promote you’re t-shirt?! On the other hand AJ Styles is TNA they need to secure a new deal w/him