Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 10, 2014
Update On The Lockdown Down PPV Attendance #’s

Update On The Lockdown Down PPV Attendance #’s

As noted yesterday here on the website, only 900 tickets had been sold going into the TNA Lockdown pay-per-view.

According to a source, the company wound up with about 1,400 people in the building after walk-up tickets were sold.

8 Responses to “Update On The Lockdown Down PPV Attendance #’s”

1. Beezy_Does_It says:

Sad. So sad. I remember when it was a personal goal of mine to get to Orlando Studios to catch a live episode of Impact. Thats how good Impact was, thats how good the product was and how exciting the Impact Zone was and look what they have been reduced to. Just sad.

2. soyfenomenal says:

Expected, since they made the idiotic decision of going to the tip of a 300 mile peninsula. I bet 50 people out of state attended.

• tnadude says:

Honestly, if I had to pick a part of the country to travel to right now, Miami is going to win hands-down. There's a reason they get the Super Bowl as much as they do.

• Horrendous1 says:

Lots of people were there from not only out of state, but out of US (I flew there from UK).

• JoeWrestling says:

Of course he is right, the decision was stupid. They mistakenly thought Miami was a good town to run, probably because of MVP. This was not smart, since they know their promotions is not good enough to bring in the locals. As soon as they said Miami was the town, I said it was dumb. Pick something like Atlanta, Texas, or the Northeast that people can travel to. Easy to say "I like to travel to Miami".. were you there?? People would come from out of the US to anywhere, they came from out of the US to Chicago and everywhere else. TNA is not the Super Bowl, to even compare that is pointless. Why don't you go to towns where you have already drawn THOUSANDS of people in the past? Who cares if you have been there before, stop trying to market by going to new towns. Try making money. Try supporting the fans who have already come out for you in the past. Miami was clearly not your base, lots of people wearing WWE merch, multiple people holding WWE titles up. Just please learn your audience. It doesn't really matter per-say, but you can clearly see these people not respecting your product.

3. godoftna says:

For the second biggest ppv of the year for TNA to do this badly does not bode well.

4. Nova_numb says:

Tna needs to look into how they promote their shows. Plus they need to go to areas where they have always sold well. Don't go to places just because it is close to Orlando. That doesn't help at all in my opinion. I still think TNA should just rent or buy an arena and run their…You can increase your ticket sales since you will actually be selling tickets there unlike in Orlando. Then you build that place to be a big deal to come too for shows…I.E. How ECW's Viking Hall was…How the Sportatorium was…..Then you can worry about traveling places for a couple PPVs a year. I really think that's the way to go ,but that's just my opinion

5. Nilus says:

I call horseshit.

This very same website posted pictures of the arena when it was filling rather than after it started.

It clearly had a lot more people when you saw the event.

This is the same website that claimed there was only 1000 or so people at each venue on the recent UK tour however having been there myself I can confirm they PACKED OUT 10,000+ seater arenas.

I don’t know what purpose making this stuff up has .

It is complete horse shit and the site owners should be embarrassed.