Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jun 14, 2013
Update On The TNA Slammiversary PPV Buyrate

Update On The TNA Slammiversary PPV Buyrate

According to the preliminary numbers, the TNA Slammiversary PPV did around 15,000 buys. That is reportedly slightly more than they probably would have gotten had they been doing monthly shows with the same type of lineup.

The number is also down from Lockdown, but Lockdown is usually the #2 show of the year behind Bound for Glory.

TNA does not publicly release buyrate figures.

7 Responses to “Update On The TNA Slammiversary PPV Buyrate”

1. lee4tammy says:

if accurate then thats pretty good

• soyfenomenal says:

Ha. No, it's not…

• OldManEaston says:

Oh for F*CK sake. This is what I am talking about when I talk about the 10 year old John Cena fan mentality. 15,000 buys IS NOT GOOD anyway you slice it, for a monthly or quarterly ppv.

It is not good, it is not decent, it is not average, it is not even bad, it is FREAKING HORRIBLE for a company with exposure of the level that TNA has with Spike TV. A million fans are tuning into TNA weekly and they are barely getting a percent return in paying fans for a quarterly show. SOMETHING IS OBVIOUSLY VERY WRONG with TNA, that is much deeper than them second fiddle to WWE. There is no way they are turning a profit on these shows. They are lucky if they are breaking even to be honest. Most WWE shows are the definition of not good right now, they are treading water with a good deal of them, expect for Wrestlemania and their big shows. Even their weakest ones are still well over a percent return though.

I think everyone here wants TNA to succeed. What is the point in wasting time watching this promotion if not? Living in denial is not going to make that happen though. A little honesty please!

If you are 10 years old, I apologize.

• JoeWrestling says:

Well 15,000 buys probably brought them in over $300k in revenue, so it's better than nothing. There is no point in complaining because you can't sell PPV's for second place sporting events. WCW had PPV's getting 40k buys back in 1999-2001. It's 2013, there are a million TV, movie, internet, DVD/BluRay viewing options now. People don't want to pay for live events unless it's something big all their friends know about. You can't just grow that, and no one tries. For example, WWE domestic buys for Extreme Rules was 147,000. So there is no way proportionally you can expect more than 35,000 buys from TNA. Considering TNA's biggest names are Jeff Hardy, Sting, and Kurt Angle (with Hardy just being a last minute throw in on a six man tag), and the WWE PPV had Cena, Lesnar, Orton, Big Show and all the other regular name. Then yeah, 15,000 starts to look pretty good.

2. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

I'd like to know the buyrates of the monthly gimmick ppvs (xtravaganza etc)

3. Stunner says:

Well all I know is Slammiversy was one heck of a PPV. I’m serious I enjoyed it so much the only match that I couldn’t get into was the Gut Check Match, for some reason it just felt like the match was out of place on the card. Hey but that’s my opinion other people that watched might have loved it. I for one while it was on made me a couple of sandwichs and got ready for the next match. Lol