Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 27, 2013
VIDEO: Former ECW Champion Announces Comeback

VIDEO: Former ECW Champion Announces Comeback

Former ECW champion Justin Credible (real name Peter Polaco) released a video on YouTube in which he announced that he is making a “full fledged comeback.”

Credible stated, “It’s about the desire. The reason I got into this business, the need for entertaining fans. I really believe at 39, I could get a full time gig with one of the wrestling companies. What I mean by that is, do I think I could be on Monday Night Raw on a weekly basis? No, I’m not kidding myself or anyone else. I just feel that with 20-plus years in the business, I could be of service to help younger talent.”

He also noted in the video that he’s approaching six months sober after he entered a WWE sponsored rehab. Below is the full video of his announcement:

19 Responses to “VIDEO: Former ECW Champion Announces Comeback”

1. Tiffanydude says:

Good for him

2. Treck says:

The internet fans well most of them think if someone hits a certain age that they are too old to wrestle. Tell Kurt Angle and Sting to their faces. I am in my thirties and the older I get the healthier I get.

• Roid Master says:

You're still closer to death. Sorry, but you can't reverse aging. You're also not a professional wrestler with nagging injuries.

• tnadude says:

Sorry dude, but wrestlers are really just getting into their prime when they hit their late 30s. It's completely the opposite of football where even the best are washed up by then.

• Roid Master says:

So you really believe that Justin Credible will reach the status of being a "World Champion" in one of the top 3 promotions? Wrestlers are usually looking for a lighter workload by the time they hit their late 30's. I believe your comparison to football is irrelevant. Although wrestling is staged, it still takes a toll on a person's body. Learning technique, developing a strong character and backstage politics factor into coming into one's prime. Let's face it. Aging is innevitable. Although conditioning can prolong a career, the brutality of the profession still takes its toll. That's all I'm saying.

• tnadude says:

No. Personally, I see Justin Credible as a jobber. I've never been a fan of his. I'm referring to guys like Hogan, Flair, Sting, SCSA, and pretty much every other wrestler who lived at the top of the card. Almost all did it after the age of 30.

Justin Credible will never be a WHC. Doesn't have the talent.

• Roid Master says:

Hogan was 31 when he won his first World Title. Flair was 32. Sting was 31. SCSA was 34. Your original position was, "wrestlers are really just getting into their prime when they hit their late 30s." Being a World Champ seems pretty "prime" to me. All of the examples you provided did that in their early 30's. There's a difference. Sorry, I still do not agree with your original statement.

3. DJBIGCG says:

Wwe might not rehire you, but I'm pretty sure tna will so you should go to tna

• TheFurnitureom says:

Is that sarcasm DJ? Suggesting that TNA will hire anyone? I think there's more chance of Aldo Montoya being used on RAW during another gimmicky legends/old skool special show.

• Tiffanydude says:

I wouldn't mind him TNA, maybe he could work as a trainer, maybe in the ring sometimes to put over young talent

• Philly_Cheese says:

IF TNA brought him back it'd more than likely be part of training people at OVW than being on air. He's just upset way to many people in far to many companies to actually get anywhere on tv.

4. stevontte1 says:

I could see him as an booker or a aces & eights member. He right when he says that we need to bridge a gap between the old & new school.

• OldManEaston says:

A booker with known drug problems? That is a pretty big position for a guy who has not exactly been reliable.

5. TheFurnitureom says:

ps, you might want to google Aldo Montoya for some context, I'm guessing you only starting watching WWE during the 'Chain Gang Era'

6. whatsup121 says:

congrats on the six month mark Justin Credible keep up the good work

7. tnadude says:

Call me a cynic, BUT… They guy's been sober for a whopping 6 months. And he wants to go back on the road. You know, the one with all the temptations?

Am I happy he's sober? Certainly. You'd have to be an ignorant SOB not to be. But at the same time, do I think it's a good idea? Nope. Not for him, and not for TNA (or WWE). And it's also the last thing TNA needs in it's locker room (remember Hall & Waltman? How about the Jeff Hardy fiasco?).

Now, if he went to the indies for a couple of years, proves he can stay sober, and proves he can still provide value do I think someone should take him? Sure. If you have a role and he can fill the role you take him.

8. KilloWare1996 says:

I think Justin Credible should join PWG or CZW to still be the best from ECW. Put him in a rivalry with Necro Butcher, Super Dragon, Masada or someone who either is or was in CZW.

9. Real Deal Heel says:

At least he's not delusional. He has talent.