Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on May 12, 2013
Why WWE Passed On A YouTube Subscription Channel

Why WWE Passed On A YouTube Subscription Channel

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

It appears the main catalyst for WWE signing a new video distribution deal with Yahoo! was because of YouTube attempting to monetize their channels as subscription services. As reported on earlier this week by Variety, WWE passed on the subscription service option with YouTube despite having one of the most popular user accounts on the website. WWE has 1.5 million subscribers and over 531 million video views as of 5/12.

TNA decided to take on the YouTube channel subscription service option with YouTube. While the TNA account only has a little over 261,000 subscribers, it has 450 million video views as of May 2013. As announced earlier this week, TNA will be charging $4.99 per month to have access to past DVD releases and all Pay Per View events from 2004 to 2012.

8 Responses to “Why WWE Passed On A YouTube Subscription Channel”

1. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

I have literally no idea what this article means

• tnadude says:

That makes two of us.

• andy3323 says:

Ok, I think I got it….

From what I can tell, the article says 'It appears the main blah blah blah blah blah blah' and then it stopped about there.

I'll just wait for the repost in two days to try and re-read it, perhaps I can catch on the second time around.

• jbcissom says:

Basically what it is saying is that WWE doesn't want to compete against itself. Once the WWE network starts, why pay $14.99 for a channel when you can pay probably $4.99 for an online channel and get in the neighborhood of 80-90% of the same content?

• jbcissom says:

I know that is not mentioned nowhere in this article, but that makes smart business sense.

2. VinceMcMahon says:

3. whatsup121 says:

in a nut shell the article is

Blah , Blah , Blah ,