Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 3, 2012
Would Chris Harris Return To TNA?, Addresses WWE Tenure

Would Chris Harris Return To TNA?, Addresses WWE Tenure

Following a fruitful multi-year run in TNA Wrestling, Chris Harris crossed over to WWE in 2008. The partnership did not work out as the company opted to cut ties with the decorated wrestler after only two television matches on ECW. Speaking to, Harris offered his thoughts on why he didn’t gel in the sports-entertainment promotion.

“That is something I will never truly know,” said Harris. “I have my version of what I was put through, but a lot of people will say I just didn’t have what it takes. It was never about a name or a character. It’s the fact they would never let me go out and do what I do best. I had a number of people telling me a number of different things. I have enough confidence in my ability that I could have made something work. It made me hate wrestling and I needed to get out.”

Sans two one-off appearances for TNA in 2010 and 2011, Harris has remained out of the spotlight since his departure from WWE. In response to whether he would like to make a full-time to the organization he became famous in, Harris would welcome the opportunity.

“I think I have a lot more to offer. Many are calling for an AMW reunion, but truth is Storm is so successful in his singles run that it wouldn’t make sense right now. It’s all about right time and right place,” he stated.

Harris also offered his thoughts on the amazing success of former tag team partner James Storm, who he won seven NWA World Tag Team Championships with. He says he couldn’t be more proud of him.

“I knew he always had it in him he just needed the opportunity,” said Harris. “It could have happened years ago, but Beer Money was such a success you had to go in that direction. He looks great in the World title picture and I believe he will be champion again.”

Harris also discussed the nature of his departure from TNA in January 2008, the present direction of the company under the leadership of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, his one-night appearance last year as Matt Hardy’s tag team partner, what he hates about the professional wrestling industry, and more. The full interview is available here.

9 Responses to “Would Chris Harris Return To TNA?, Addresses WWE Tenure”

1. Kyle says:

I can’t stand Storm as a singles wrestler, his mic skills are weak, and his not axing in the ring. If Harris could get back in shape(if he’s not already) tna should get him back, and reunite AMW to help the tag division.

• Peckar says:

I thought i was the only one.

• Pipboy86 says:

I like him as a singles wrestler, but I have never thought of him as a true Main Eventer. He doesn't stand out. He won't wow you with either his persona or his wrestling ability. That being said, he is undoubtedly one of the best in TNA right now, so there could be worse things than having him at the top of the card. He would be an absolutely great midcard face or heel if TNA had a true midcard division.

I always thought that Chris Harris had the best shot of actually being a top of the card wrestler for TNA of the two. He had the look and I think people forget that at one time he was a very good performer. He was a little bit weak on the mic, but a lot of guys are today. He was no more deficient than most. He just kind of seemed to let himself go after his brief brush with the main event.

2. Mr. Excitement says:

I thought the problem with Harris upon his arrival to the WWE (according to reports) was he carried the attitude of he's done it all and deserved to be there. Which didn't sit well with management.

• Pipboy86 says:

It in all honesty probably had more to do with the fact that he came to WWE about 30 pounds out of shape compared to what he was in his best years with TNA. That coupled with a reported entitlement attitude, doesn't paint a very good picture of a guys dedication to making a fresh start.

It kind of reminds me how RVD came into TNA with a similar attitude, when he was obviously not the same RVD who wowed crowds in ECW and early WWE. He was bulky, slow, not motivated and seemingly happy to just phone in everything from his matches to his interviews. Since, he has had a couple decent matches, but for the most part, that has more than not been the story of his time with TNA.

3. dcxboxx says: com/watch?v=uwyFABQX62A buy your bradon walker 3 dvd box set of chris harris legendary wwe career lmao, this video always made me laugh. i wish he does come back to tna though.

4. Listentna says:

He was horrible what show r u guys watching. He is just a more out shape chuck calumbo. Slop slop slop slop and more slop. What about saving that money for someone like nathan jones?

5. Listentna says:

Even better invest that money in bring vance archer back and teaming him with sheen o’haire and chuck calumbo to join ace’s and 8sa group

6. Undedlok says:

To have a AMW reunion to protect Jeff Jarrett as the nucleus of Aces and Eights would make it worth it.