Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 8, 2013
Angelina Love Says She Turned Down TNA

Angelina Love Says She Turned Down TNA

TNA Wrestling revealed this week to VIP ticket holders that a Knockouts-exclusive pay-per-view event will be taped on Sunday, March 17 at 1:00 p.m. at the iMPACT! Wrestling Zone in Orlando, Florida. In addition to current stars, organization officials will apparently be utilizing former female talent as Angelina Love revealed on Twitter Thursday that she was contacted to appear at the “One Night Only” series event. She, however, has declined to appear.

The five-time TNA Women’s Knockout Champion was asked if she will be on hand for the show and responded, “They asked me but I politely declined.”

In addition to the event, TNA will tape TNA 10 Reunion that day, which is billed as a “celebration of the stars from the first 10 years of TNA.”

29 Responses to “Angelina Love Says She Turned Down TNA”

1. soyfenomenal says:

Have fun in the indies. Lol.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

She must be, if she turned down TNA!

• soyfenomenal says:

Or just too full of pride.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Well, we don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes. I do know one thing, she was shelved towards the end of her contract, which states she couldn't work for other companies while under contract with TNA. I remember that much from her statements after she was released. It's impossible to make a living when you are payed on a "per appearance basis," yet can't work for other companies when TNA doesn't need them.

Pride? Maybe. Maybe she wanted a full time contract and not just a PPV appearance as a "TNA Has Been." Who knows?

• hangers says:

She can make more money working the indies than what most of the KO's are on..

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I don't know WHY you got thumbs down for that. It's real. Oh, it's damn real.

• tnadude says:

She was still allowed to work for the same indies she works for now…

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Oh, ya? Can you back up such statements? NOPE.

• tnadude says:

"TNA wrestlers are forbidden by contract from working for other companies with televised wrestling shows, but are free to perform non-televised work for any other independent wrestling promotions, domestic or international, as well as televised events held by foreign promotions that TNA is linked to or has a working relationship with such as Ring Ka King, New Japan Pro Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Noah, and Asistencia Asesoría y Administración.[7] Many TNA wrestlers perform regularly for various promotions on the independent circuit in addition to TNA's weekly shows. However, in 2012, TNA changed policy, preventing its talent from appearing at any independent events that are later released on DVD.[66] The top TNA stars have guaranteed contracts but the majority of TNA wrestlers are paid on a per appearance basis.[7] TNA wrestlers are classified as independent contractors and are not entitled to form workers' unions or employer health coverage.[7]"

This is directly from TNA's WIKI page (

Go get a wash-cloth. You've got to wipe the egg off your face.

• hangers says:

Did you read through what you just posted as it contradicts your argument, as for example, shimmer releases its own dvd so therefore tna talent cannot perform, heck most indie shows try and make their own dvd's which would make tna wrestlers a no go. As for the other promotions listed, two are in Japan and are male promotions, one India which is tna and the other Mexico and working any of them while contracted to tna still requires tna's permission and in most cases a leave of absence..

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I really don't understand this "tnadude." He literally stalks damn near every post I make on this forum trying to argue anything I comment about. As you stated, the evidence he presented contradicts his argument. Thanks for bringing that to his attention… or trying to, anyway. I doubt he really get's it.

• tnadude says:

There's only about 3 or 4 handles on here that I actually recognize. I comment on posts – not posters.

Well, 5 now anyway.

• tnadude says:

Actually, I did. Quite a number of times, actually.

Here's what your missing: They can't work ANYWHERE, but they can WORK outside of TNA.

They can't work for WWE either.

So, what's your point? Or are you oblivious to my point: THEY CAN WORK OUTSIDE TNA?

It's that simple.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Do you really lack the intelligence to understand the facts of what you just posted?

Take that information and combine it with the response from hangers… Then wipe the sperm off YOUR face. You have to be EXTREMELY HIGH to not be able to mentally process that facts that YOU presented YOURSELF. What a freakin MORON!

• tnadude says:

Quit acting like a small child. I posted a comment, and you made a statement that has no factual bearing.

I merely responded with proof. They can't work ANYWHERE. But they CAN wrestle outside of TNA, and often times they do.

My point was to expose Angelina for crying wolf when she could have made as much money wrestling as she currently does. TNA didn't do anything to her.

In the meantime, your name-calling is inappropriate and certainly unappreciated.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

You STILL don't understand that you contradicted yourself in your statement. I am literally laughing my ass off right now.

I'll quit acting like a small child when I'm damn well ready. Until then, find a way to deal with being butt hurt.

2. Stunner says:

What? I hope she’s not holding her breath for Vince to call. If she is, she’s going to get buried every match.

3. Rated_Maxx says:

I can't get mad at her but at the same time people can't blame tna. They can only do so much with two hrs of tv a week.

4. Cezar_TheScribe says:

After the way she was treated in TNA, I can't blame her.

They are going to have to come up with money and a nice benefit package, along with storyline agreements to get her back.

Also, getting rid of Brother Love would be a good idea. He doesn't like Woman's Wrestling.
    He's in the closet.

• Bigmike885 says:

Because he doesnt like Womens wrestling means he's gay?..i dont like womens not gay….as for your "terms" for her comming back..Benefit package? wrestling company gives benefits..or storyline agremeements unless youre a HUGE star…youre a idiot.

• tnadude says:

Actually, I don't think the two are related. Apparently, some people believe he's gay and get their jollies talking about it.

Not sure why it matters, but it surfaces every couple of months or so.

5. ToledoDavid says:

Is that why Bruce only said "I love you" only to male wrestlers?

6. ToledoDavid says:

Sorry…I used only twice…bad grammar.

7. tnadude says:

So now, can we stop all of the "bring back Angelina" whining? TNA asked, she said no.

Case closed. Time to move on.

8. ashothunder says:

oh she said no but she'll will be a last minute surprise for the fans. yes she dating Kaz