Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 7, 2012
Backstage Heat On Bischoff & Hogan – Details

Backstage Heat On Bischoff & Hogan – Details

At this time, there is a lot of resentment in the TNA locker room towards Brooke Hogan and Garett Bischoff.

Bischoff is said to be well liked but his last name is the main factor behind why he’s getting pushed ahead of other stars who are seen as equally or even more qualified than he is.e

The gist of it is that it all comes down to backstage politics. You’ve got two guys who are very high up in management (Hogan & Bischoff) who have their real-life children featured in prominent television angles. This obviously doesn’t sit well with some of the TNA “originals” and other members of the roster.

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

25 Responses to “Backstage Heat On Bischoff & Hogan – Details”

1. bik100 says:

Good, there should be heat, both of them suck.

2. mrthefanboy says:

Garret Bishoff I like he can fight,but he needs to work on his matt skills,his matt skills looks too rehearsed.Brooke Hogan has no real purpose in TNA in my opinion.

• Stunner says:

Brooke Hogan needs to thank A Double, because his mic skills are sooo good that he is carrying her as a heel. She doesn’t have to say anything A Double is $$$$ on the mic and in the ring.

3. tnadude says:

Brooke has turned it up the last couple of weeks. I'm not saying she's great, but she has improved a lot. So I'll give her a little slack for now.

Garrett just sucks. No upside whatsoever. I've never seen him do anything that I thought was presentable.

• Bigmike885 says:

No..If either of the two gets any 'slack" its garrett, at least he kinda sorta maybe wrestles…Brook does nothing…at all..

• tnadude says:

Ok, so let's assume everyone agrees both are bad (I haven't seen anyone disagree with that yet).

That means you're going to give Garrett "slack" so he suck on the mic AND put on sloppy performances in the ring rather than just have Brooke just mess up on the mic?

Sloppy matches affect the public's perception of the product a lot more than sloppy mic work anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Brooke here. I'm just saying she's the lesser of the two evils.

• Bigmike885 says:

but at elast at the end of the day Garrett acctually, you know, wrestles…is he good? Not even close, but he's there was the company is really there for, wrestling. Brook is there becasue she's failed at everything else shes ever done in life, so her daddy got her a (persumably) high paying job to absoulutly nothing. Dont get me wrong, I'd rather see both of them gone, but at least with some training Garrett could be passiable. You know Brooke wants nothing to do with this, she's just there to get a paycheck.

• Philly_Cheese says:

I think Garrett could be a fair wrestler with enough training and experience, unfortunately I don't think he should be making constant appearances on TV (which he hasn't much). From what I've seen they gave him masked rolls in A&8s, and one match in gut check which was ok at best.

If he's given enough training under wrestlers like kurt, taz, bully ray & devon, he could easily become a fair wrestler. The biggest thing is he's generic and is missing the personality to ever really be a top star. Unless he somehow finds that spark to kind of come out of his shell, he'll be mid-card status at best.

4. Dante_Cross says:

It always sounds so awkward to me when the Knockouts thank Brooke for doing something for them, when it reality, I know Brooke had no hand in it.

5. ariesstormjoe says:

theres obvious tension on the roster because of brooke most of it due to knockouts. ive read that garrett is a "nice" guy but others feel they deserve the time more than he does.

this is non news to me as i remember this was reported ages ago tho it was separate articles

6. Treck says:

Garrett should be in ovw. I have nothing against Brooke herself just think her job should go to a retired woman’s wrestler. I like the ko division just has to be terrible for them to have to give their time to Nrooke who does not wrestle. I dream and this will never happen. A Hamada a Kong comes in and takes her out .

7. Dizzy boy says:

Brooke is trying but if there is any defect it’s because she’s new

8. shanedraper says:

it annoyed me on velvets return all she did was put over brooke hogan

• tnadude says:

I was pi$$ed off that she overshadowed Mickey's return speech.

Maybe they're setting Mickey up for a heel run or something. I dunno. But seriously? Give Mickey her 2 freaking minutes and bring Velvet back on the next show and give her the spot she deserves.

It just seemed disrespectful.

• ariesstormjoe says:

they didnt have much choice imo due to lack of tv time.

i think either mickie or velvet could go heel soon. since before velvet left and mickie healed up an injury they both had heels storylines coming up but tna dropped both cos of lack of tv time.

9. Mr. Excitement says:

1) For TNA I'd take Garett over Brooke any day.
    2) The headline of the article had me thinking they meant Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan.

10. Get_Carter says:

Brooke Hogan just seems uncomfortable most of the time. She's not a great actor and when she decides to improvise she makes mistakes – such as calling Bully Ray by his actual name Mark on last night's episode of impact. The fact that she stuttered, and corrected herself made the situation even worse. That is the sign of someone that is inexperienced.

11. purpleurkel says:

Send BOTH of them to OVW.
    Let Brooke come back as a wrestler/ heel since people want to boo her anyway. Let her wrestle Tessmacher so nobody will notice the poor ring skills

12. JoeWrestling says:

Start your own wrestling company and then you decide who to waste your money on. It would be one thing if TNA was raking in cash, then you could argue, let the fans who are paying them decide. But if they are spending their cash, and it doesn't really make any difference. They can do as they like. Besides, it's still the case TNA is making their money off of TV revenue, and Hogan / Bischoff are there because they give the network confidence they have some experienced people around. So it doesn't matter what people say, they are going to keep their people happy. Plus, all the complaining is counter productive because the reason people like Bully Ray and Austin Aries are getting so much air time is probably because Hulk Hogan likes them.

• purpleurkel says:

if we didnt speculate… the comments would be boring. we have the right to express any opinion we want

piss off

• LAwrestling112 says:

why dont you?….you think assinine commentary stops comments from being boring? Its actually the most annoying and the least favorable part of reading any dirt sheet website. The biggest problem with modern day professional wrestling is US, the fans…everyone is a critic and a know it all, could book better, write better, …hell I bet some even think they could wrestle a better match…..people need to either tune in or turn it off

13. JeromeTurner10 says:

Brooke Hogan = $mokin hot!!!!

14. Goeroe1981 says:

Send Garret to OVW and train him and brooke should get back to making music (because the music she makes i wouldn;t listen anyway).

15. Larry_The_Dwarf says:

Who can blame them ?!? Nepotism is what it is !!! Garett seems like He is a good guy and might go far , just on merits alone !!! He seems like he is motivated to be a serious player , but Brooke-Baby is worthless in her role as "KO Exec" or whatever…Karen Jarrett was way better !!! Guilty by Association !!!