Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 8, 2013
Chris Jericho Reveals Why He Never Signed With TNA

Chris Jericho Reveals Why He Never Signed With TNA

Chris Jericho recently spoke with Konnan on the MLW podcast about his WWE return and more. Check out the highlights:

In why he didn’t sign with TNA: “The main reason is that I always wanted to work for Vince McMahon ever since I was a kid. I’ve never worked for anybody else since I stepped through the doors in August of 1999 and I never will work for anyone else. I don’t want to go to Japan. I don’t want to go to Mexico for shots. I don’t want to go work in TNA. I’m a WWE guy. That’s the way it’s always going to be. I’m sure TNA is a great company to work for. I’m sure you can do really well there or make some great money or whatever. It doesn’t matter to me. I work for the big leagues. There’s no reason for me to go anywhere else.”

On how the change in the treatment of concussions has shaped his views on Chris Benoit: “I was like everybody else. Shocked. A sense of ‘what the [expletive]’ happened. Denial. Betrayal. How can he do this?… I look back at it now, and I was really close with him, but he got considerably stranger and stranger the last six months of his life. I was like, what’s with this guy? What’s wrong with him? And now I know the reason why. It’s because his brain got worse and worse.”

25 Responses to “Chris Jericho Reveals Why He Never Signed With TNA”

1. tna24 says:

i dont know if this is a shot at tna or what, but it sound like he saying tna not the big leagues

• Bigmike885 says:

no..it wasnt a shot..it was him saying he thinks WWE is the number one company world (which in reality it is)..thats it..he didnt say anything bad..and if anybody trys to say he did..they need to go rub one out and get over it..

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Thanks for the advice. While I'm not butt hurt over anything Jericho stated, I think I WILL go rub one out.

• Bigmike885 says:

Glad I could help. Sometimes it just takes some motivation :). HahaSent from my iPhone

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Mike, I have noticed you have "message board stalkers." You seem to get the ol' thumbs down on whatever you post, which is ridiculous, considering all of your post are FACTS. Keep up the good work. Fvck these posers.

• Bigmike885 says:

Thanks man. I could really care less if I get “thumbs downed”. It's a chat board Everyone's entitled to their opinion alot of these fan boys are just like those political nuts. No matter what you tell them they won't change their minds. Even if you give them 100 percent fact it doesn't change. It's all good.Sent from my iPhone

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

A lot of these people ARE the political nuts! I'm not sure if you were involved in any of those discussions that broke out on this board recently. However, I really, really enjoyed telling them what idiots they were. Talking politics on a wrestling board… IDIOTS. haha. Good times.

• ariesstormjoe says:

wouldnt call it a "shot" cos hes saying he doesnt want to go elsewhere but wwe cos hes a wwe guy which is how orton, punk, cena, taker, rock, sheamus, hhh would be defined too.

but the definition of the "big leagues" big leagues to me = more than 1. so 2 at least then. yet with wwe the way some ppl define the wrestling world they should be the company to work for. yet for most talent they are realising when you arent a top guy in wwe you then go elsewhere and are 1 happier. 2 better at wrestling. this is what i take anyway from guys that have gone wwe and left them to go either japan, mexico, roh, tna.

• tnadude says:

What else is he going to say? It's not flattering, but still true. He could have phrased it better though.

2. Treck says:

Tna’s style would be too fast for him. He has been in wwe long enough to be watered down

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

LOL. Are you kidding me? At this point, Jericho would bring a lot of prestige to TNA. However, considering his age, it wouldn't be a logical hire for TNA… unless it was creative.

3. Tiffanydude says:

Ehhhh Not really a "Shot" but this is understandable, I like Jericho even though he's a douche, but I can't see Jericho in TNA he wouldn't really fit in.

4. Mr. Excitement says:

It was no shot. He's just saying WWE is the major one.

5. Stunner says:

I think it wasn’t a SHOT at TNA, he just doesn’t want to work there that’s all. Besides I don’t think he would be a good fit in TNA. TNA wants you to really move, and take some bumps that I just don’t think he would be willing to take. I’m not mad, I think it’s made TNA stand out and look even better .

6. 1Risky1 says:

he just dosen't want to loose his big pay checks, because he hasen't being used or main evented lately

7. Cezar_TheScribe says:

Taking a shot at TNA and brown-nosing.

Also, the shot at Benoit is low.
    At the time, people were saying Benoit was acting normal and everything was okay.
    Also, they were saying the text messages were not from Benoit because they were so out of character.

Chris Benoit the case for innocence 1 of 4 parts on youtube

• ariesstormjoe says:

he didnt take a shot at benoit imo.

he's saying his initial knowledge of concussions wasnt as it is now. and that it changed his opinion of what happened with him.

his right his brain did get worse and worse. a doctor said looking at his brain it had similarities with an 80 year old alzheimer's patient.

• Bigmike885 says:

dude..dont antagonize this guy..hes one of those that things Beniot was set up and that he was innocent..he's a tool who doesnt deserve your time..

8. Dependant says:

I love how everyone says he wouldn't be a good fit yet if he went there everyone would praise him…

9. Real Deal Heel says:

Nothing wrong with TNA..esp with how boring WWE is now…but I think Jericho is saying…why go there when I get paid whenever he wants to go to WWE. Can't blame him..he's in his late 30's and did all he could do as a wrestler. Everyone strives for WWE as a wrestler. He did it all…ECW, WCW, WWF, WWE….so why go to TNA and work his ass off in his late 30's when he already got the fame and got paid? i get it.

I luv TNA to death and would luv Jericho here….but ain't gonna happen so chill…..

10. destroyer_v39 says:

True TNA fans are always butt hurt when someone from the WWE makes a small comment. The truth is WWE is the Big League. You got WWE Superstars, WWE Alumni, Hall of Fame Legends, NXT Rookies and it's hard to be on. Ratings are 3.0 and sometimes 4.0 on RAW. You also have a wrestling tradition like Summerslam, 30 Man over the top rope Rumble Rumble and the superbowl of wrestling Wrestlemania TNA has TNA originals, Former WWE/WCW/ECW Superstars including WWE Legends, and Gutcheck Rookies. TNA is going to be there soon, but just not right now until some storyline that will change the history of TNA and wrestling.

11. TheBringer92 says:

WWE is number 1, but look how long they have been around compared to TNA

12. hangers says:

Until he's a broken down man like Flair or Hogan there's no need for him to join TNA..

13. TheFurnitureom says:

I think it's a lie, old fans will remember that even before Christian joined, Jericho was intrigued by TNA, to the extent he switched logos on his website depicting him TNA when he was in limbo. He was very complimentary in general. I think the relationship soured and hence it's shot after shot, I heard rumours he wanted Sting money, and maybe have been bruised by a rejection.