Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 7, 2012
More On TNA Cutting Back On Their Pay-Per-View Events

More On TNA Cutting Back On Their Pay-Per-View Events

For years now, TNA has considered cutting the number of PPVs that they run per year, with the feeling that eight is the perfect number. The current plan, as previously reported, is to run 10 PPV events in 2013.

The big reason that TNA wants to cut the number of PPV events is because their PPV numbers have been declining. While WWE has also had the same issue, they had a much higher starting point and have also had the ability to bring in proven box office draws, such as Brock Lesnar and The Rock.

TNA is interested in signing former WWE developmental star El Hijo del Medico Asesino.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Post a Comment

5 Responses to “More On TNA Cutting Back On Their Pay-Per-View Events”

  1. purpleurkel says:

    another bonus: Without the monthly PPV, some of the big matches that would've played out on the PPV will now be on Impact, thus making it more exciting leading to higher ratings.
    I like where you are headed TNA!!

  2. Treck says:

    Yea less oay per views the better. And plus it gives more importance to each pay per view as well.

  3. bik100 says:

    They are looking into Rey Mysterio's cousin? Why?

  4. ariesstormjoe says:

    they should run 8 imo. keeping genesis, lockdown, victory road, slammiversary, destination x, bound for glory, hardcore justice and final resolution. they can be spaced well enough to give a good build up for lockdown, slammiversary bound for glory and final resolution. as their 4 main ppvs. but be able to keep stories ticking or end some stories with their minor 4.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More TNA Wrestling Headlines